Thank you for your interest in a vacancy with Harlaxton College.
Security and Assistance Officer
This role is based on a 5 week rota with varying shift patterns, averaging 25.6 hours a week and will require flexibility to cover holidays and sickness. The successful candidate will be required to work through the night and across weekends.
With a unique setting across 300 acres, Harlaxton Manor was built in the 1830’s for wealthy Nottinghamshire business person, Gregory Gregory and is now home to the University of Evansville. The Manor boasts an Elizabethan style and requires an experienced Security and Assistance Officer to protect the grounds, the employees and students who study in the Manor.
The opportunity will be securing the buildings and grounds of the Manor across the varied shifts as well as offering assistance to residents, guests and employees.
The role also includes:
- Patrolling all College and Manor property in a vigilant manner throughout the external areas of buildings, grounds, internal communal areas and the residential floors
- Responding immediately to any security breaches and emergency situations
- Monitoring telephones and CCTV cameras and any other specialised security equipment
- Being the person responsible for the building and grounds when on duty
What You Will Need
- Previous experience of securing premises including CCTV monitoring, dealing with security breaches and patrolling large areas
- Resilience and motivation whilst being able to work alone during nightshifts
- Flexibility to cover holidays and sickness
- A firm, friendly and professional approach with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Working for Harlaxton College is rewarding and this role will have the opportunity to offer overtime, however, this cannot be guaranteed. This opportunity is being offered on an hourly rate and monthly pay based on an average of 25.6 hours per week.
If you have not received a response from your application after 3 weeks of applying to please assume you have not been successful. No agencies please. All CV’s are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our main address and general enquiries:
Lincolnshire, NG32 1AG
Telephone: +44 1476 403000 (24 hours)
Fax: +44 1476 403030